I work with individual adults and adolescents on a broad range of issues including:
- Learning to develop tools to live a more meaningful and fulfilled life
- Increasing intuitive skills and self-esteem
- Help managing obstacles with work, career, or school
- Managing life transitions such as a move, the ending of a relationship, a new baby, or a loss of employment
- Supporting increased self-care through exercise, healthy nutrition, and better sleep
- Setting goals and achieving them
- Treatment for Depression & Anxiety
- Learning to navigate difficult past experiences or relationships
- Increasing motivation and positive outcomes
- Improving attention and focus
- Sustaining mental wellness
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is an empirically supported treatment that focuses on changing patterns of thinking and behavior that cause distress in some aspects of life. A typical protocol for CBT would be education, mapping out the current thinking and behavioral patterns, mindfulness exercises, and lastly, exposure to the feared experience and response/prevention (E/RP) to ensure that these behaviors do not return and that you are able to exert more control over your life.
Studies of CBT have demonstrated its usefulness for a wide variety of problems, including anxiety disorders, depression, and mood disorders. Specific interventions and techniques may differ depending on the symptoms that are targeted for change.